The New BMW R 1250 GS
The new BMW R 1250 GS pumps up the power to push what’s possible in an adventure bike.
BMW Motorrad for decades has impressed riders with the consistent and powerful flat-twin boxer engines in its GS line. Whether you’re taking a short jaunt, or trekking on an intercontinental road trip, the boxer engine continues to serve riders excellently. BMW Motorrad is taking the boxer engine to new heights in the new 2019 BMW R 1250 GS coming soon to BMW Motorcycles of Riverside. The BMW R 1250 GS will introduce innovative technology into the boxer engine that will squeeze more power, control, torque and efficiency out of the beloved boxer.
The new BMW R 1250 GS engine includes BMW ShiftCam Technology that optimizes engine output based on rev to maximize power, reduce fuel consumption and smooth out acceleration across the bike’s entire power range
There’s a lot to love about the BMW R 1250 GS. Starting with standard connectivity features, the R 1250 GS introduces the Motorrad Multi-Controller, Bluetooth® and a 6.5-inch color display. Safety features are getting a boost, too, thanks in part to the Dynamic Brake Control that controls the throttle for an emergency stop. One thing that can’t be ignored, however, is the brand-new BMW ShiftCam technology new on the BMW R 1250 GS available in Riverside. BMW ShiftCam adjusts valve timing and stroke to provide the perfect level of power output based on the amount of throttle. This means you’ll have tight, steady control for low-speed maneuvering while not compromising power on those full-bore runs down straight asphalt.
This marks the first time BMW ShiftCam technology has been used on a production BMW Motorrad bike, which gives you even more reason to come test ride the BMW R 1250 GS at our Riverside, CA, dealership near Corona and Moreno Valley. The responsive power output provided by the BMW ShiftCam is something you’ll have to experience for yourself to believe.
BMW ShiftCam allows asynchronous valve intake opening to provide a fresh fuel mixture and increase combustion efficiency. Additionally, the camshaft drive is now handled by a toothed chain as opposed to a roller chain, twin-jet injection valves and a new exhaust system also have been added.
Standard riding modes ASC and Hill Start Control give riders control.
Riders can choose between two riding modes on the BMW R 1250 GS to suit their needs and preferences. Automatic Stability Control provides the best traction to increase rider safety. Hill Start Control is to be used for easy set-off maneuvering on slopes.
Opt for additional riding modes with Riding Modes Pro: Dynamic Traction Control, ABS Pro, Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant
When you test ride the BMW R 1250 GS for sale at BMW Motorcycles of Riverside near Fontana, you’ll be eager to try out Riding Modes Pro. These additional ride modes bring a huge swath of riding customizability to the R 1250 GS. Riding Mode Pro includes the following pro riding modes: Dynamic, Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Dynamic Pro, Enduro, Enduro Pro, ABS Pro and Dynamic Brake Control (DBC). DTC is useful in banking scenarios to provide safer acceleration. ABS Pro provides more control and safety when braking, even when banking. Dynamic Brake Control prevents unintentional acceleration during difficult braking.
2019 BMW R 1250 GS adds standard LED headlamp
To increase longevity and visibility, the front headlamp of the R 1250 GS now uses LED standard. Add an LED daytime riding light as an option.
New connectivity features include 6.5-inch full-color TFT screen
The R 1250 GS comes complete with a new suite of connectivity features that put technology and information at a rider’s fingertips without compromising focus or overcomplicating things. Centered around the standard BMW Motorrad Multi Controller, a variety of infotainment options can be accessed while on a trek, so you can stay in the loop with family and keep yourself entertained with tunes.
Add on the Intelligent Emergency Call feature
It’s an unfortunate fact of life that accidents can happen. That’s why BMW engineers have added the Intelligent Emergency Call option to the BMW R 1250 GS. This feature will automatically alert emergency services in the event of a crash to make sure medical response is on the scene as quickly as possible.
New colors and styles available for R 1250 GS
Make your bike yours with your choice of two modern solid basic finishes and two dynamic multicolor designs with stylized GS logotype additions.
Feature highlights for the New BMW R 1250 GS for sale at BMW Motorcycles of Riverside:
- Further developed boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology for variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
- Even more power across the entire engine speed range, optimized fuel consumption and emission levels, increased running smoothness and refinement.
- Increased output and torque: 136 hp @ 7,750 rpm and 112 lb.-ft. @ 6,250 rpm (previously: 125 hp @ 7,750 rpm and 92 lb.-ft. @ 6,500 rpm).
- Engine displacement increased to 1,254 cc (previously: 1,170 cc).
- Asynchronous valve opening on intake side for optimized swirl, creating more effective combustion.
- Camshaft drive now via toothed chain (previously roller chain).
- Optimized oil supply and piston base cooling.
- Knock sensor system for optimized travel suitability.
- Latest generation of BMS-O engine control and use of twin-jet injection valves for even more effective carburation.
- New exhaust system for optimum performance characteristics.
- Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro, Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC, available as an optional equipment item ex works.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation.
- In addition to standard adjustability of seat height (exception: HP style for the R 1250 GS), wide range of seat height variants ex works.
- LED headlamp for the R 1250 GS as standard and LED daytime riding light for both models as optional equipment items ex works.
- Connectivity: multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-color TFT screen and numerous features as standard in the R 1250 GS.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option.
- BMW Motorrad Spezial – customization features as optional equipment items ex works.
- Extended range of optional equipment items and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
- The new R 1250 GS: travel and off-road prowess in two modern basic finishes and two striking style variants.